Free independent confidential advice on legal options to anyone experiencing domestic abuse in Barking & Dagenham and surrounding areas
- Tel: 020 8507 5994
- Email: email@example.com
DV FLAG East is open for advice 9.30am to 5.00pm Monday to Friday
Make a Referral
Police, council or front line agency workers email or telephone (above). We will need:
- Your name, your organisation, your contact number and email
- The name of the person you are referring and their contact details
- If any bail conditions/DVPO in place
About Domestic Violence, Harassment and Abuse
- Abuse can be sexual, physical, psychological, emotional and/or financial
- Controlling, coercive or threatening behaviour may be physical or sexual abuse
The DV FLAG East team at Citizens Advice Barking & Dagenham. Our team coordinate a rota of local accredited experience family solicitor forms who volunteer to provide free independent, confidential advice to anyone who is experiencing domestic abuse in Barking & Dagenham and surrounding areas
Once you have consulted a volunteer lawyer, if you need further advice the DV FLAG East Team can identify further free legal or practical help. If you need legal aid, a solicitor will explain that scheme, how it might benefit you and how to access it.
Citizens Advice Barking & Dagenham is a member of the Citizens Advice and the only local Citizens Advice office in East London who employ a family solicitor. Our solicitor was nominated Pro Bono Lawyer of the year in 2018 by Queen Mary University Pro Bono Centre. She is also on the rota.